I am looking to accept 1-2 doctoral students starting Fall 2022. If you are a prospective PhD student interested in working with me, please apply to the UMSI PhD program and mention me in your application materials.
If you are a current UM master’s or undergraduate student interested in working with me, please email me (mmtd [at] umich [dot] edu) with your CV/resume and research interests.
I am particularly interested in working with students who want to conduct ethnographic or mixed-methods research on one or more of the following topics:
- community networks and internet access initiatives;
- infrastructure, precarity, and “informal” labor;
- innovation, creativity, and collaboration in under-resourced communities;
- the interplay between culture and technology use among traditionally marginalized groups;
- social media use among marginalized populations in the U.S. and international contexts.